Wednesday, December 28, 2011

10 Films That Impressed Me in 2011.


10. “Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2”
Chromeskull has intrigued me ever since I happened upon “Laid To Rest” on my On Demand selection and clicked the buy button. I had been jonesing for a horror flick for days that I had not done seen like a hundred times and boy am I glad I hit that button. When it first started playing I thought what the fuck this is gonna be a mistake. I felt it was gonna me of those ethereal “she doesn’t know she’s dead” flicks! However about 15 minutes into the film I realized that this a good fucking film. By the time Chromeskull really got into gear and started his carnage I was hooked by this bald, shinny, nightmare! “Laid To Rest 2” did not disappoint me. It kept that same linear path to terror that I was hoping for, thanks mainly to Thomas Dekker’s presence in the film. I have made it very clear always that I love Thomas Dekker in every thing he does! Including ‘Secret Circle’ and “Kaboom”.
11090112040417469
"ChromeSkull" is the sequel to the 2009 horror hit "Laid to Rest." It brings back ChromeSkull, who barely escaped death in the first movie and is hell-bent on continuing where he left off... and forging a new path of terror and destruction.
 
9. “Fright Night”
The original to this is still one of my favorites of all time. I remember going and seeing at the theater and being scared shitless. This version seemed to disappoint some but not me. I liked that they took it Vegas and that Colin Ferrell was the vamp. I also thought that David Tennent was awesome as a Chris Angel style magician. It was a really good revision of the story.
fright-night-2011-17
A remake of the 1985 original, teenager Charley Brewster (Yelchin) guesses that his new neighbor Jerry Dandrige (Farrell) is a vampire responsible for a string of recent deaths. When no one he knows believes him, he enlists Peter Vincent (Tennant), a self proclaimed vampire killer and Las Vegas magician, to help him take down Jerry.
 
8. “The Thing”
Again- a story that goes back to my nostalgia bone and makes me happy. The 1980 version rocked and this one does great as a prequel. The tension and eeriness is very much front stage in this film and the scares are sweet. I jumped more than a few times with this film even though I knew it was coming. I couldn’t help it, the damn film just kept me sucked into it completely.
asAqliuSJIa-_-the-thing-2011-hd-red-band-spot
Antarctica: an extraordinary continent of awesome beauty. It is also home to an isolated outpost where a discovery full of scientific possibility becomes a mission of survival when an alien is unearthed by a crew of international scientists. The shape-shifting creature, accidentally unleashed at this marooned colony, has the ability to turn itself into a perfect replica of any living being. It can look just like you or me, but inside, it remains inhuman. In the thriller The Thing, paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they're infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet. Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up. When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew's pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish. The Thing serves as a prelude to John Carpenter's classic 1982 film of the same name. Directed by Matthijs van Heijningen, the thriller is produced by Strike Entertainment's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman (Dawn of the Dead).

7. “Insidious”
There is really not much more to say than “this film scared me and made me feel I had demons in my homes for weeks. Every time a pop when the pressure changed in the attic or the fridge kicked on I thought it was evil. True that I feel this way about the homes I have lived in on a summer fun filled day of cartoons but still this film was good. The whole time I stayed on edge with this one.
Joseph Bishara as Demon and Ty Simpkins as Dalton in INSIDIOUS_ Courtesy of FilmDistrict_

6.  “Red State”
This film is just one freaky flick that makes you fear your neighbors! Especially the church on sunday, pray the gay away, “god” fearing folk! Think I live in one of these towns now… Ain’t nothing scarier than twist fanatical people!
Red-State-02

5. “11-11-11”
I am impressed by this film mostly because it was a demon prophecy that I wasn’t familiar with. I had no clue that a small population of people around the world thought of this as real. The film didn’t disappoint me but counting down to the day and then watching it pass with nothing supernatural or other worldly happening did!
11-11-11-movie-new-images-4-600x285

4. “Human Centipede 2: Full sequence”
Quite frankly I am shocked if I talk to someone not impressed by this film. The storyline and concept alone is brilliant. To think someone sit down and envisioned this and then made it happen twice is awesome!
human-centipede-discipline

3. “War Of The Dead”
Just a really good zombie flick that gave me pleasure!
warofthedeadimage093011

2. “Vanishing On 7th Street”
This film was haunting and played on one of my personal fears-darkness and shadow people or shadow demons as I call them. Anyway what ever it is that wants us on the menu that live just beyond the veil between this world and a darker one. This was a more subdued and emotionally intense film.
vanishing-on-7th-st-still

1.  “Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark”
I jumped more times and stayed a wreak during this film and it still makes me think of those fucking creatures while putting close away in the closet, making the bed, turning out the lights at night around the house, and just most anytime a find my self doing menial task around the house. I love when a film can take hold of me like that!
500x_picture_334

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side