Sunday, May 19, 2013

International Trailer For “Patrick” Released



Patrick-TeaserPoster-250x350Check out the international trailer for the thriller remake of “Patrick”. The film is directed by Mark Hartley and stars  Sharni Vinson, Rachel Griffiths, and Charles Dance. This movie is one I can not wait to see! I remember the original. It taught me my first curse word at age 6-“Bastard”. The film was the only time I was allowed to watch horror until an appropriate age, it was at a family gathering. The movie terrified me and later after calling my Dad a bastard when Mom was upset with him, I solidified my banishment from the horror movie realm only to be able to sneak the occasional film in when the right babysitter was available. I think it is one of my fondest memories of childhood!

After killing his mother and her lover some years before, Patrick is the comatose patient in room 15 of a remote, private psychiatric clinic run by the secretive Dr Roget who treats him as guinea pig in his bizarre studies of life and death. When Kathy, a nurse who has recently separated from her boyfriend, begins working at the clinic, she is instructed to care for him. She is disturbed by Roget’s treatment of him and somehow feels that Patrick is trying to make a connection with her. When Kathy realized that the lifeless murderer can communicate, she is shocked but compelled to prove her theory. Patrick has psychokinetic powers, which he uses to talk to Kathy by transferring his thoughts to her computer. As Patrick’s communication becomes stronger, strange and terrifying events begin to occur. Patrick has feelings for Kathy and his affection is about to manifest itself as a deadly, bloody obsession.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side