Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Model Lead For Ass Kicking: My Interview With Actress Lindsay Norman



lindsay norman 2Four days ago I broke the news story that Andee Martin has bowed out of the lead role in Jeremy Campbell’s feature film adaptation of “Velvet Vengeance”. Campbell had posted the news on the film’s Facebook Page, where he declared the replacement actress taking on the iconic role as heroine, to be Lindsay Norman.  The split between Martin and the project was very amicable and the project is still on course. With Lindsay taking over the role I must admit it does seem to open the film up to a larger visual and conceptual dynamic. The actress is stunning to say the least, and with two projects already in production (Sylance 3D, The Prodigal), there is no denying that Norman has the makings of a very strong female ass-kicking lead. So of course I jumped on the opportunity to talk to this former Army “brat” and rising star.

Lindsay Norman grew up as a military child born in Monterey, California. After moving from several communities, much like military kids often do, it seems Texas has been home for most of her younger years. I have to say that the state is better for it. Acting it seems has just been a natural progression of the young actresses’ journey of discovery. After high school she won a scholarship to  John Casablancas Modeling and Acting School where she realized her passion for acting while doing Improv. Lindsay Norman is multi-talented and very focused about who she is and where she wants to go in life as you will discover from our interview.

ASouthernLife: When did you realize you wanted to become an actress, was there one specific moment?
Lindsay Norman: I would say it was when I started doing Improv. I didn’t start my training with scenes, I started with improv. I honestly think that is a strength of mine and I enjoy letting my mind wonder. This is when I felt it was necessary to start expanding into different skill sets and learn more! Now there is no way you can stop me! I’m addicted!

ASouthernLife: You won the John Casablancas scholarship for Modeling and Acting, did that help direct you as far career choice or did it only heightened your interest?
Lindsay Norman: It geared me more towards the acting. I always knew I wanted to act but this really jump started my passion. I was able to meet new people and learn a few things about certain parts of the industry.

ASouthernLife: Being an army "Brat", something that requires discipline or set standards, was there another profession that you felt destined for before the acting "bug" hit you?
Lindsay Norman: No. I have never had a profession that fit me. I always changed it, and still find myself changing it in college. I went from a science major to a law and now I, I think, I am set and stone with majoring in business management and minoring in mathematics.

I was never satisfied in the retail, service, or event planning industry. I just felt something was missing and I wasn’t meant to be there. I am someone with ADD and with acting, its perfect! Every day I am doing something different and learning new things. This is my profession and I am a natural entertainer ready to take on the world.

ASouthernLife: In regards to taking on the role of "Alice" in Velvet Vengeance, How did you become a part of the project?
Lindsay Norman: I had previously auditioned for VV and from what I was told, did a great job. It was down to me and one other girl. I guess I stayed in the producer’s and director’s head enough that they ended up offering me the role!

ASouthernLife: Where you apprehensive about taking on the role considering the history around the project?
Lindsay Norman: Of course, in this industry everyone has to have some sort of “conscious” if you will. But then again, I only say that, because it is a business just like any other. Once I figured out the necessities, I of course accepted the role and was more and more excited the more I read the script.

ASouthernLife: Did you see the short film prior to getting the role or know Jeremy Campbell previously?
Lindsay Norman: I have seen the short film but that is not how Jeremy and I met. I found out about the auditions and of course I auditioned. We do have a decent amount of mutual friends, we found out later, so that helped!

lindsay normanASouthernLife: The role of "Alice Kersey" has a lot of physical demands, how are you preparing for the character's action sequences?
Lindsay Norman:  As an actress and model it’s all about the “looks” and skill. I am currently training for a figure competition. I have a trainer and want to be on stage by August. I also took kick boxing in college and had a lot of “brothers” growing up along with being in sports my whole life. I will be able to pull off the stunts easily.

ASouthernLife: What are some of the film's scenes that you are most looking forward to shooting?
Lindsay Norman: FIGHTING SCENES OF COURSE!

ASouthernLife: Are there any expectations that you feel will really test you-as an actress?
Lindsay Norman: This character is a new character for me. She reminds me of a young Angelina Jolie. She is very determined, relentless and grounded. She seems to not waste time and take crap from anyone, I like that. She reminds me of, well, me! But of course, this is Alice and I will bring her to life. She has been through a lot and will get her revenge. This is going to be a great adventure for me as an actress and test me. I can’t wait.

ASouthernLife: You also are filming the dark thriller "Sylance" 3D, can you tell me a bit about your character-"Cindy"-in that film?
Lindsay Norman: I AM ACTUALLY NOW “TINA”… I apologize for any confusion, but Tina is a “pageant” girl, pretty ironic huh? Ha! She is a pretty girl with a Football star boyfriend. She is not the typical snooty girl, whom I like. She is shy being new to the group of people she is hanging with and is just looking to have a fun trip!

ASouthernLife: The storyline seems to have a very strong "cult-origin" theme, what drew you to the character?
Lindsay Norman: It reminded me of Children of the Corn for some reason. The cult aspect in Children of the Corn, in my opinion, was “corny”, but that was what gave character to the movie. With Sylance 3D, I enjoy the cast and production team. It is another movie that is different than what I usually am cast for. It is another project I am excited to be a part of.

ASouthernLife: Are you a big fan of horror movies? What are some of your favorite films?
Lindsay Norman: I do enjoy scary movies. I haven’t watched any lately because they don’t scare me! Old classics are the best, a few favorites are, House of 1,000 Corpses, House on Haunted Hill, The Exorcist and Poltergeist (the first one) to name a few.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side