Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Yuletide Greetings! Today I made my first ever large Yule Blessing Wreath

Yeah I know I am a few days late but I have been decorating for what seems like forevah! But today I finally made time to make my 2013 Yule Blessing Wreath. Normally I make a circle out of thin wire and string light around it and make the wreath that way. This year I decided to get more in depth. I started with a sage blessing throughout the home and for myself, then I set out to create this wonderful symbol of positive blessing for the Holiday season.


I found some gnarly vines to create my circle and base form with hanging across the creek that flows through the property. I would have loved to have three vines to braid for this but only found two that would work on this scale.























Then I took some evergreen and fastened it to the wreath until I had a tradition evergreen wreath made. Wild Eye made it really hard to get the work done after demanding my attention and claiming the wreath.
























Afterwards I bound the evergreen into a circle to hold it to the vine with twine. Then I added my lights and some wild berries that are still hanging from some trees in my yard.



















Once I had my evergreen secured and formed into a circle with the lights. I formed my star for the center of the wreath. Then I finished off with a few more wild items from around the property that are growing before adding more lights. Finally my finished Yule Blessing Wreath was hung for the holiday season!











No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side