Monday, January 16, 2012

My Review Of “Hard Ride To Hell”


hard-ride-to-hellAt first when I sat down to watch this film I only barely had expectations for the little blended flick. I went in to the picture expecting minimal story and bad acting that seem to dominate and overshadow a lot of smaller films story and concept. However with this film I was wrong completely. It had an almost Evil Dead cult aspect to it that I felt back when I was a kid and watched that damn evil dead woman fight her way into that cabin. It was low budget and independent and full of energy and the same with this film.

If you like your demon cults and devil worshipers with leather and gasoline then this film is for you most definitely.
The story was a cool through back to films like “Devil Rider” and “Hell Rider” blended with satanic ritual and devil possession and action it is a great exploitation/horror flick.  The acting as a little generic but a few characters pull of real emotion and believability. The effects and action sequences though make up for it. Mostly stunt and organic effects used here with a very minimal cgi other than what is mystically necessary for a scene or two.



The film was enjoyable and I found myself thinking ahead to a sequel coming down the pike maybe for 2012 or something. There is still a lot more story here to explore. However the dialogue could have been a little deeper and fluid with the story. As some characters pulled of noticeable plausibility others seemed to almost phone it in just waiting for a payday.

This film is a good one to see and if biker exploitation horror is a thing your into definitely pick it up. It has everything you may like. I don’t normally go for biker horror stuff but I am not hetero so that pretty much should solve that. This film I liked a lot. It had psycho bikers, satanic worship, mythology, gore, action and possession. So yeah definitely a film for the collection.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side