Thursday, September 1, 2011

“Shattered Hopes: The True Story of the Amityville Murders”


Shattered-Hopes-350x435
I remember sneaking into the living room one night as a kid and watching the movie on cable. It scared the shit out of me! Months after seeing the movie I remember looking in my closet and under my bed for any sign of ghosts or monsters that could get me while I slept. The film also made me momentarily afraid of my parents but that didn’t last long because the nightmares that followed my watching “The Amityville Horror” were quelled by my mom and dad at different times on many nights. Later when I discovered the good shit in the school library- you know the occult, horror-fiction, and paranormal materials, I found the book about the house and the murders and learned that it was based on true events. It shattered the veil between fantasy and reality for me. That is what ultimately started my affection and at times obsession with horror and fiction. Since then I have seen documentaries and variations on the story of the Lutz family scare, and the Defeo murders. I still question whether it was drugs and debt or demons that orchestrated the nightmare. I am excited to see this knew film of the events that took place and made me fear so many places and people in my life.
ON A COLD NOVEMBER NIGHT IN 1974, RONALD “BUTCH” DEFEO CREPT THROUGH HIS FAMILY’S HOME AND, ACTING ALONE, EXECUTED ALL SIX MEMBERS OF HIS FAMILY. OR DID HE?
It’s time to revisit America’s most infamous “haunted” house and the crime that inspired “The Amityville Horror.”
Facebook page and official website

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side