Friday, June 1, 2012

Green Lantern Comes Out!


After announcing last week that one of DC’s characters would come back into The New 52 as a gay character we now know which character will be coming out. Green Lantern/Alan Scott, the original emerald superhero will be reintroduced in the newly created “Earth 2” series (hate the title of the series….).


Series writer James Robinson said, “I’m very proud to be introducing Alan Scott into DC COMICS-THE NEW 52. He was my favorite Golden Age character and one I’m very familiar with so I’m really excited to be updating him for a contemporary readership. Oh, and on Earth 2 there is only one Green Lantern, so Alan's title is The Green Lantern. Alan's sexuality is just one facet of him, along with his innate goodness, valor, charisma and skill at leadership that makes him the perfect man to wield the power of the green light in the world of Earth 2."


"Alan strikes me as an incredibly open, honest and warm man, a natural leader and absolutely the right choice to be Guardian of the Earth. His sexuality is incidental. Every time I draw him I love him even more." Said series artist Nicola Scott.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side