Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Folk Horror "Covadonga" To Release Worldwide Halloween


Sean Hartofilis' second feature, folk horror "Covadonga" is set to be released worldwide October 31st. The film has shown at festivals in Spain, Ireland, England, the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago, as well as some New York theaters including Anthology Film Archives and The Museum of the Moving Image, and has won awards along the way including Best Film, Best Narrative, Best Score, Best Actor, and Best Director.

Covadonga is an Irish Gothic folk horror freakout about a widowed songwriter at a wooded lake house who sees his dark past pervading when a mysterious young couple trespasses on his property. 

"In Covadonga, I sought to do everything I've feared in order to mine something new, within myself, and, with any luck and all due reverence, within cinema" said Hartofilis "I star in the film, play and sing original songs throughout, dance, cry, swim, and sink. And I do it all in a pair of underwear.  I merge, maybe forgo, genres, embracing everything from silent cinema to concert films, because life has everything after all, transcends genre, however we resist, and so does the best art.  I lay bare my emotions, insecurities, fears, and all my love in an effort to emerge cleansed and renewed.  I believe in the results and am heartened by the experience of those who’ve seen it."



https://covadonga.film/#press

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side