Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Red Headed Revolution Unleashes Tale Of A Tail In Creepy "Tailypo" Short

Red Headed Revolution unleashes a tale of a tail in creepy Tailypo short.
The Appalachian cryptozoology folk tale of “The Tailypo” has been brought to life, in a terrifying live action film from director Cameron McCasland.
McCasland had been carrying the Tailypo story around for years stating, “The first time I heard this legend I was in elementary school, and my teacher  told it to us around Halloween. It always stuck with me, and creeped me out. I wanted to tell it again, in a way that was frightening, but still accessible in the same way it was to me as a kid.”
Tailypo re-teams McCasland with actor David Chattam who had previously appeared as Carl Degas in his 2014 released slasher film, The Lashman. McCasland said of working with Chattam, “Dave wasn’t what I had in mind originally when I was casting The Lashman, but his audition blew me away. He was on set for a day and was just a joy to work with. I started writing Tailypo with him in mind, but I never told him until the script was ready. I honestly don’t know if I would have made this movie if he had turned me down. I told him i have a whole short where you basically are monologuing to a dog the entire time. Luckily for me, he jumped at the chance.” 
The Tailypo is voiced by Danielle Geleherter more commonly known as TV horror host Penny Dreadful in the new England area. McCasland had previously worked with her on the Emmy nominated 2010 made for television movie The Dreadful Hallowgreen Special. The short film also gave him the opportunity to re-team with Lashman director of photography Josh Ickes and composer Thomas Berdinski who performed a hauntingly original score for the film. 
The movie was shot on location at the Copper Canyon Guntown Ranch in Hopkinsville, KY. McCasland had previously used the venue for The Lashman, A music video for country act Florida Georgia Line, and two feature films he co-produced with director Lee Vervoort, The Truck, and Guntown.
The Tailypo is the first in a series of shorts McCasland plans to collect for an anthology series hosted by his longtime collaborator Larry Underwood as seminal horror host Dr. Gangrene.
The Tailypo is currently free to view online at redheadedrevolution.com and will be screening at film festivals around the globe this year. 
 Cameron McCasland is an Emmy nominated writer and film producer. Recently he was awarded “Best Indie Director” at the 2015 Indieville TV awards, as well as both an Omni, and a Communicator Award for his documentary series “I Heard The Devil Say My Name Out Loud” about the making of Austin Rockers Quiet Company new album “Transgressor”. His newly produced film “Paternity Leave” is currently touring the film festival circuit. The Texas born film maker lives in Nashville, TN with his wife Jamie, and two daughters. For more info please visit cameronmccasland.com

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side