Sunday, October 10, 2010

Raise Awareness About Suicide Of Our Young Gay Friends

 Here is my story: I knew at a very young age that I was different. My family new also, and for the most part accepted me for who I am. However in school and in town I dealt with relentless hatred and harassment. I was called names and physically assaulted atleast 3 times a week in the school halls and outside of school. This all started at age 13 when I was allowed to express myself as an individual. I later understood what "gay" meant and accepted it proudly. This did not stop the hatred and abuse instead it brought more on. There were many days and nights that I felt I wanted to die. I used to cut on my arms just to test how much pain or how deep I would have to go in order to kill myself. I never told anyone except occasionally my mom. She was my one angel that gave me hope through it all. She truly accepted me for me. My escape was heavy music, writing, and alot of crying. I persevered and continued on but only with the support of a few friends and family who loved me no matter what. So to all of the kids out there who feel they have no one to talk to or no hope, please know that their is help and people who do not want to see your death. We love you as you are and want great things for you. You are not alone, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
facebook event page... 
Time
Wednesday, October 20 · 7:00am - 11:30pm

LocationEverywhere

Created By
Tierney Michele Pomo

More InfoREAD: ****This event was not created by me. It was created by someone who cares deeply on Tumblr, and I am only spreading the word.****

It’s been decided. On October 20th, 2010, we will wear purple in honor of the 6 gay boys who committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes and at their schools. Purple represents Spirit on the LGBTQ flag and that’s exactly what we’d like all of you to have with you: spirit. Please know that times will get better and that you will meet people who will love you and respect you for who you are, no matter your sexuality. Please wear purple on October 20th. Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and schools. RIP Tyler Clementi, Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase and Billy Lucas. You are loved.

Join this event and invite everyone on your friends list. Don't let their deaths be for nothing. Let it mean something, and let's do something to change this country for once.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side