Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Gay Character for Vampire Diaries?

DoorQ.com [The Gay SciFi, Fantasy and Horror Site. - www.doorq.com]

Talking to reporters at the CW‘s party for the Television Critics Association, Williamson opened up about his desire to introduce a gay character to his new show. “It’s one of those things that needs to feel organic and seamless, I don’t want it to be a character that comes in and is a one off. I want someone to come in and have a reason and a purpose and really push that story forward the way I want to do it, and they’re so important to the story that without them the show won’t happen. That’s what I want.”  Williamson is well known for his support of gay issues, especially those that related to teenagers, he supports GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network and seems quite keen on the idea of utilizing his latest show to highlight the struggles of young people. “I’m sitting in the wings waiting,” he said. “Which character can be gay? Which character won’t? Where will it fit in? How can I get the gay character in? I don’t want to sound like I’m a militant about it, it’s diversity. I always feel like I don’t have enough [diversity] on my show. In anything, I want everyone represented. I want everybody on the show.


No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side