Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fab 5 Blog Hop! :

Fabulous Five Blog Hop

I have been tagged to answer these questions by the outstanding and thought provoking author Laura Susan Johnson. Her work is without a doubt inspiring and compelling, touching on contemporary issues which forces us to challenge our view of the world around us. She is the author of Crush, and Bright. You can check out Laura’s work at  http://bright-the-book.snack.ws/.

1.)    What am I working on?


3993151
Southern nightmares is a trilogy novel with three stories that revolve around one of Trion, Georgia’s most macabre locations, Corpsewood Manor, locally known as “Devil worshipper’s mountain. A site that saw 60’s era good times filled with sex, drugs and rock‘n’roll, hosted by the gay couple that called the place home. It is also the place that saw a nightmarish horror unfold as the two men were brutally murdered and left in a manor resembling a work of art that depicted their own untimely death.

My trilogy doesn’t actually talk about that crime directly but instead focuses on three terrifying tales that take place in locations that have indirectly been touched by Devil Worshipper’s Mountain by some way.



Three stories of horror framed around the occult and ultimate sacrifice.

I - Darktree Estates; Devon learns the true meaning of "sacrifice" when it comes to his family's constant climb up the social ladder.
II- A Walk Through The Corpse Wood; A simple Saturday hike in a place of legend and long forgot horrors turns demonic for these high school friends.
III- The Council's Ring; Some places are better left undiscovered in this tale that has a couple seeking out a fabled location of witchery. 
 
2.)  How does my work differ from others?

My work is different from other horror writers in that I focus on my stories with a more sympathetic point-of-view from that dark place that gives birth to nightmares and horror. Sort of a “he said, she said” dichotomy. The stories take the tradition view of horror and frames it with strong naturally developing LGBTS characters without sensationalizing their personas beyond what is normally found in the eclectic personalities found in society. My style of writing is very descriptive, and macabre. Although a lot of my characters are LGBT as well as Straight, my stories are relatable to all horror fans. I have been told that I do not shy away from writing the horror that unfolds in detail.
 
3.) Why do I write what I do?

I write about the subject matter that I do because it is the type of stories that comforted me and entertained me from as early as I can remember. I came from a clan of cousins and parents that enjoyed late night bonfires, telling ghost stories. We held séances and went to haunted cemeteries to experience the paranormal. Horror is in my blood. The first mature fiction book I read that wasn’t assigned by Elementary school course study was Stephen King’s Cujo. From that first experience I have been addicted to horror.
I have since developed a broader understanding and desire to create horror that is all inclusive storytelling-allowing for fans of all communities, backgrounds and cultures to enjoy and feel apart of the community. I would like to think that my stories speak to all fans of nightmare fiction genres without excluding or only speaking to one particular group.
 
4.) How does my writing process work?

My process for writing is kind of chaotic. I usually have a basic idea or scene that pops in my mind, either in a dream or just during a random moment. I don’t really focus strongly on the idea until I catch myself playing it out further, usually while doing other things or while writing another story. At that point I start rough writing the scene and expanding on the concept on paper. When I am happy with the total vision I begin drafting a story and adding characters. A lot of what I add to my stories are over-dramatized events that I work into fantasy so that it fits the characters and situations in a horror setting. In every character and situation that builds my characters backgrounds come from my own past and the experiences I have had in life. There is a little bit of truth sprinkled in my fantastical nightmares.

Who’s next on the blog hop?

I tag Char Hardin, author of the recently published Ogres of the Hickory Cottage: The Urban Fantasy Series Book 1 . She is a consummate writer with a wonderful and whimsical style of storytelling. She is also a the host of her own Blogtalkradio show Charred Remains.











No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side