Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Sunday of Horror Delight.

Today I watched three horror films to kill some time while waiting for True Blood and The Gates. First I watched Zombieland. I liked this movie even though there wasn't quiet enough zombies in the core of the film for me. The playland scene though was awesome.

The zombie kills that were in this movie were good kills. I appreciated the fact that they spent the real money on the special effects. The zombies were great. I thought Woody's character should have been gay, that was just me. The whole time I felt he was gay.
So after Zombieland was on Starz I flipped over to Tmax for The Thing, not the original but the 1980 version with Kurt Russell.

The Thing was a movie that scared the hell out of me as a kid and made me glad I lived in the south were it rarely snowed and all the aliens looked human or little green men. The mutation scenes were classic special fx and the story was strong. It is one of my favorite of the Sci-Fi/Horror mixes.

I still feel so sad when they kill the dogs to this day. I wish they would have tested their blood first, just to make sure. To me the best scene was the creature mutation after they tested the blood and dude started wigging out. So after I enjoyed the The Thing I flipped over to another cinemax channel and caught Jennifer's Body.
 I loved Jennifer's Body! Night of the Demons is one of my favorite movies and can't wait for the remake to finally get done and released. Anyway Jennifer's Body is the best demon movie to come along in along while. The social commentary and political incorrectness of it is awesome. The kills are great and the soundtrack is awesome.
Then after I watched Jennifer's Body I done some chores and got ready for the True Blood and The Gates by popping some corn, fixin' some southern sweet tea with bourbon, and enjoyed the onslaught of blood and guts and social drama of fucked up community's and the occult. I love American Trash TV! Well that is what they call it, I call it the most awesomest shit to come out of hollywood since Sixteen Candles and Golden Girls.
 so gonna finish it off with Urban Legend: Final Cut and then I am off to nightmare land!

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side