Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Review Of “Freakshow Apocalypse: The Unholy Sideshow” 2012



“Freakshow Apocalypse” is about a secret society of necromancers called The Order Of Mystery. They hold the fate of the world against the evil of the abyss from unleashing hordes of zombies upon the earth. At least that is the synopsis but if you can actually find that story buried in this carnival of chaos then kudos. I did not enjoy this film at all. The direction was non existent and the editing was schizophrenic.

I had high hopes for this film after having read the synopsis but my joy was dashed. I found the story to be almost missing from the movie. At times it looked more like home video from a troupe of carnies. Which if they would have said that this film was just that then it would have been awesome. There was just too much of everything in this story except the actual telling. There were moments when the dialogue did address this films intent but it almost seemed an afterthought. The only real positive aspect of “Freakshow Apocalypse” was the actual freaks. The cast contained some of the most colorful sideshow artists of our time and I would have much rather watched a cinema verite of their life. This is not a film I would suggest seeing and that saddens me to say that because I wanted so much to like this film. Unless you’re a real fan of sideshow entertainers and just feel like supporting their art then this is not gonna be a film for anyone expecting a coherent story or decent directing. : (

If you wanna check this out hit up ChemicalBurn.Org

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side